South Indian Bank
Till 31.03.2005, 65% of the total shares of the Bank are were issued in Demat segment. From 1st June, 2005, M/s. Karvy Computershare Private Ltd., are the Registrars and Share Transfer Agents of the Bank. The address is as given below:
46, AVENUE 4,
HYDERABAD- 500 034
PHONE NO. 040- 23312454/23320751/752/251
FAX NO. 040- 23311968/23323049
WEB SITE: www.karvycomputershare.com
South Indian Bank Credit Card
The Bank has issued credit card named as 'Cancard - Visa' which is accepted over 70,000 showrooms, Hotels, Airlines, Railways, Hospitals, etc. The features of the card are as follows:
- Free insurance upto Rs. 400,000
- Free air travel insurance of Rs. 4 lakhs for self and Rs. 2 lakhs for
- Free personal insurance of Rs. 2 lakhs for accidental death of self,
and Rs. 1 lakh for death of spouse
- Free baggage insurance up to Rs. 25,000/- while on travel
- Purchase protection of up to Rs. 25, 000/- against the risk of fire,
riot, strike, malicious damage, terrorism and theft-during the
transportation of goods purchased through Cancard visa from any
establishment to your residence and while kept at your residence
subsequently, for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- Concessional premium rates for personal accident insurance or Mediclaim through the Cancomfort Insurance scheme available to Card holders and family members.
South Indian Bank NRI Services
The following types of deposits are offered to the NRIs:
- Non-Resident (External) Rupee Accounts Scheme (NRE)
- Foreign Currency (Non-Resident) Accounts (Banks) Scheme. (FCNR-B)
- Non-Resident (Ordinary) Rupee Account (NRO)
- Resident Foreign Currency Account (RFC)
Term Deposit of South Indian Bank
It is a re-investment plan with cumulative interest. Interest is added to the principal on quarterly basis. Principal along with interest is paid only on maturity date.
Simple interest will be paid quarterly. Monthly interest scheme is also available at discounted rate.
Remittance as monthly instalments over a period of time. Amount remitted plus interest will be paid on Maturity date.
The common features attached to the schemes are as follows:
- Nomination facility is available in respect of all deposit accounts
- Interest earned in excess of Rs. 5,000/- per annum in respect of all
the accounts, except 'Recurring Deposit' and 'Savings Bank' is liable
for deduction of tax at source
- Loans are available on term deposit upto 90% of the deposit amount
South Indian Bank Ltd.
Thrissur 680 001
Telephone : 2420020, 2420058, 2420113
2429333 (Secretarial Dept)